How it works:
- SQUID (proxy cache) proxyes http and ftp requests and log information about connections to the log-file access.log
- SAMS configures SQUID (users, access rules, password and more other) and parsing access.log in real-time or peredicaly (for example: every 5 minutes). Parsed data stores in the MySQL database.
- alSAMSBilling fetching data from this database and count traffic.
Please note, that SAMS have its own built-in billing system and you may try it firstly! This project tryes to give more advanced useful billing.
- Time interval of the day (for example: work time from 9 to 18)
- Cost counting (rub ot $)
- Grouping URLs in the user statistic by sub-domain (This function will work only if your MySQL server version is higger than 5.0 (because you’ll should add user function to the MySQL and version < 5.0 doesn’t support it). Code for the function you’ll find in the file ufunct.sql. (function should be created in the squldlog database!) Thanks to the Richard K Miller (www.richardkmiller.com) for the function.)
- Free-urls list support
- Displaying client’s IP address of the query (because same user name (login) may be used from the different computers)
Installing counting engine:
For install SQUID and SAMS please visit its sites: